Welcome to Our Tempe Tavern

Dive Bar · Bar & Grill
Tempe Tavern is located at 1810 E Apache Blvd in the historic White Dairy Barn property built by E.M. White in 1918. The site has previously been home to the New Oxbow Tavern and Murphy’s Irish Pub. The building is a historical site in Tempe, AZ known as The White Dairy Barn. The White Dairy Barn is the only known river cobble building remaining in Tempe. It was built in 1918 by E.M. White, after he bought the property from M. H. Meyer and J. H. Guyer. White came to Arizona from California in 1908 and farmed near Phoenix before moving to Tempe to permit his children to attend the Tempe Normal school. He used the property as a dairy farm until 1927, when it was subdivided in acre tracts for sale. White is best known for the large river cobble he built just across the river from Tempe, called the White House, which was demolished in the early 1980s. The White House bore many similarities in design and construction to the Dairy Barn. The Dairy Barn was converted to a commercial establishment after 1930. The building is credited as a rare example of innovative owner-built architecture using locally indigenous material.

$0.000 items